There are various codes for airlines.
- A 3 letter ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) code
- A 2 letter IATA (International Air Transport Association) code
- A 3 digit IATA accounting code.
The IATA has a page for looking up its codes http://www.iata.org/publications/Pages/code-search.aspx
The puzzle gives the 3 letter ICAO code for a couple of airlines and requires you to find the 3 digit IATA code. The airlines are
- Scandinavian Airlines System with codes SAS and 117
- TAROM with codes ROT and 281
N 47° 27.SAS E 008° 34.ROT => N 47° 27.117 E 008° 34.281